Thanks to your generous support and energy this past year, look how the RadicalAgeMovement grew as we continue to confront ageism and advocate for age justice:
- Testified, with other stakeholders, at the Department for the Aging Budget hearings and persuaded them to increase desperately needed funding for senior services by $23 million – the largest annual aging services increase in over 15 years
- Attained new goal of 150 official, paid-up RadicalAgers as the result of an April 2017 membership campaign
- Launched our new, improved website with increased accessibility, maneuverability and visual aids in early November 2017
- Successfully completed a three-week pilot inter-generational education and immersion program for middle-schoolers, at Sunnyside Community Center. The participants’ positive reviews and enthusiasm awarded RAM high marks.
- Solidified our first RadicalAge chapter at SAGE NY. We’re now in the process of finalizing chapters in Queens NY, Ithaca NY, Pennsylvania, and even Mexico!
Our work continues:
Look what we have planned for 2018
- Age Justice Rally – RAM is organizing the first Age Justice rally in NYC in May 2018 – be part of this pioneering action as RadicalAgers participate in NYC and nationwide through our chapters.
- Chapter-Building – we’re aiming for at least 10 Radical Age Chapters chartered by May to participate in the Age Justice Rally
- Workforce Forums – hosting informative and inter-active events regarding age prejudice in hiring as well as retention of older adults in the workforce
- Inter-Generational Programs – utilize our successes with our inter-generational pilot education program for middle school students to seek needed funding resources to create a full curriculum that we can bring to other community centers, schools, and the faith communities of NYC
- Fundraising – raise funds to purchase a professional database, which we need desperately
- Spring Fundraising and Membership Drive